Welcome to GMIT
Below you will find information about many of the IT resources available to you as a GMIT student. There are a number of short videos and Learnonline courses which will help you to fully engage with distance education over the coming academic year. You should familiarise yourself with the GMIT Student Hub as it is the location for all student related content and the recommended entry point for all GMIT students during the 2021/22 academic year.
Here are 5 quick tips to get you started.
Logging in for the First Time
- When you register as a GMIT student your login details (Username and Password) will be sent to the email address and mobile number you provided.
- At first login, you must setup your password reset options (email address, security questions) and Multi Factor Authentication MFA (Microsoft Authenticator App)
- This is to help maintain the overall security of GMITs network and to provide you with the tools to manage your own login.
It is important that you watch this short video before logging in for the first time (video link, opens new tab).
- From week beginning 21st September, inductions will commence to comply with HSE Guidelines and give you support with learning technologies.
- Classes are planned to start from 28th September.
- Your School will be in touch with details.
- Please check your student email regularly for updates.
If you have forgotten your GMIT password, you can reset HERE
Enrol on a LearnOnline Course
GMITs Learning Management System is called Learnonline. Learnonline is used to deliver course material and carry out assessments, it can be accessed from any location through the student website.
You will need to enrol yourself on your Learnonline courses at the beginning of the year, this short video below will show you how to do this.
You have been automatically enrolled on the courses “IT Skills” and “Student Induction”, It is important that you familiarise yourself with both at the start of the academic year.
There are two WiFi networks available in GMIT
Eduroam: The recommended WiFi for staff and students is Eduroam. Login using your GMIT email address and password.
Install Microsoft Office 365
All registered GMIT students can install Office365 on up to 5 devices at no cost. Simply login to the Student Website and follow the download instructions on the home page.
Your GMIT account allows you to download and install the latest version of Office desktop applications as well as Apple and Android editions of Office Mobile.
For more information click HERE
Additional IT Support
If you still require any additional technical support
Phone: 091 742799
Where possible please provide a detailed description of the issue you’re having along with any relevant screenshots.